With respect to the announcement of the “Regulation on declaring the state of epidemic emergency on the territory of the Republic of Poland” introduced by the Minister of Health on 13th March 2020, PCC Intermodal SA has implemented additional prevention measures and safety rules applicable for the supply chain within the regularly organized network of international intermodal connections.
With focus on the health of our employees, customers and partners, in order to prevent further spread of the virus,
PCC Intermodal has taken the necessary precautions in its offices and on its premises.
At the same time, we would like to inform you that intermodal transport within the connection network and deliveries to customers’ doors, on all the offered corridors, is currently conducted without any disturbances.
We are working in an increased vigilance mode and closely monitor each stage of the supply chain. We remain in constant contact with terminals, carriers and public services along the entire delivery route, thus reacting to the dynamically changing situation on an ongoing basis.
In order to ensure the continuity of work and ensure uninterrupted deliveries from/to each region throughout Poland, PCC Intermodal SA has implemented the following order handling principles:
- The Customer Service Department remains in regular, REMOTE contact with customers so as to inform them about the status of deliveries.
- Administrative and office personnel, pursuant to the recommendations of the Ministry of Health and the Chief Sanitary Inspector, works remotely from home, where possible.
- Visits and face-to-face meetings have been suspended both in the main office in Gdynia and in field units – including terminals – until revoked.
- Sales department employees do not visit customers and do not participate in conferences, while planned trainings have been either postponed or are conducted on-line.
- All business contacts were redirected to a remote communication system and video-conferences.
- Security procedures and additional safety measures have been introduced at terminals, and we provide services to our customers outside the office buildings, where possible.
- The teams of employees on duty provide drivers and services with current instructions and rules applicable at the facility.
- Activities requiring direct contact and use of common parts have been restricted to absolute minimum. A similar approach applies to the flow of documentation, which is now conducted electronically, where possible.
The above rules shall apply until revoked.
We believe that by maintaining the basic principles of safety and social responsibility, and adhering to the rules of reasonable prevention, intermodal will remain a reliable and trustworthy method of safe transport of containerized cargo for a long time.