Intermodal Container Yard
Basic technical parameters:
- total area: 63 hectares, including intermodal terminal and logistics center
- operational area of the intermodal terminal: over 20 hectares
- warehouse and production areas
- annual handling capacity of terminal: over 1 million TEU
- storage capacity of terminal: 20.000 TEU
- railway sidings supported by reachstackers and gantry cranes
- workshop for repair and restoration of containers
- current connections for reefers and isotherms
- customs agencies, forwarders
Intermodal Container Yard:
Intermodal Container Yard, dry port, is a modern facility which allows efficient cargo handling operations and optimization of supply chain. ICY will be located in Zajączkowo Tczewskie (Pomorskie Province), as a background for Tricity’s (Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot) marine terminals.
Investment will improve transport accessibility of Pomorskie Province and allow Gdansk and Gdynia to be more competitive ports on Baltic Sea.
Intermodal Container Yard in Zajączkowo Tczewskie will improve distribution of containers to/from marine terminals in Gdansk and Gdynia. Investement will be located near main railway junction and national road nr 1. Traffic of heavy trucks in Tricity region, in large part will be replaced by regular shuttle trains between ICY and marine terminals.